Wednesday, August 16, 2006

For Those That Missed the OPAL ISBN-13 Session

If you missed the OPAL ISBN-13 Session, it was recorded. Go to the OPAL Archives and select Library and Information Science. Right now, it's the first session listed. The slides used in the presentation are also available.

If you did attend the session and wish to share something you learned, please feel free to post a comment here. As we get closer to January, I hope everyone will start posting comments, particularly in relation to what your ILS vendor is doing about ISBN-13. This will hopefully help others who are using the same vendor.

At the State Library, we are using Sirsi's Unicorn product. I just received an email yesterday advertising SirsiDynix's TechTalk session on ISBN-13. I plan to attend and will share what I learn there. I know there are several libraries here in SC that are using SirsiDynix products, so if you didn't receive the information about this session, let me know. I would be happy to forward the email to you so you can register. If you aren't a SirsiDynix library, you should check with your vendor about sessions they may be offering.

No comments: