Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rural Library Sustainability

I'm just checking in because I know it's been a while since I've blogged to you guys. It's been very busy and exciting here at the State Library. Tomorrow we kick off our Rural Library Sustainability workshops! I'm so excited about the three workshops we'll be offering around the state. Our theme is Harvesting Ideas and I know I can't wait to hear all of the great ideas that you all have, especially following on the heals of a very successful Technology Institute. If you haven't signed up yet, be sure to do that. We have two more: Greenville -- October 12th and Moncks Corner -- October 19th. Sign up here! Directors, you can send two staff members.

I also want to mention that we are currently offering Web2.0 classes to State Government Employees and they have been a huge success. We offered blogs the first week and last week talked about Flickr, MySpace and Instant Messaging. This week we'll be discussing bookmarking sites, Library Thing and Wikis. Once we finish with these courses, we will be on our way to you!

Please check out the registration information for TechTracks. We will be offering two-hour workshops around the state on topics such as blogging, instant messaging, podcasting, social software and tagging. The first classes start in November, so check it out soon.

I'll post more later after the Rural Library workshop tomorrow but please let me know if there are topics you are interested in hearing about.

No comments: