Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Technical Services Exchange

The date for the Technical Services Exchange has been set and it will be held at the State Library on February 7, 2007. What I need from you guys are some suggestions for what you would like to talk about or what kind of training you would like to receive. I've received some suggestions in house and they include:
  • Discuss Library2.0 technologies that relate specifically to Technical Services.
  • Talk about the future of cataloging and OPACs.
  • Provide a demo of the Aquabrowser that Saluda and Greenwood will soon be using for their OPAC.
  • Cross training technical services staff for public service functions.

If any of you have ideas for the exchange, please let me know. Also, I know some of you are doing exciting things in your libraries. I would love to hear about those projects and I'm sure everyone else would too! Are you starting a digital project? Are you trying out a new Web2.0 technology like blogging? I'd love to know what you're doing and give you a chance to share with everyone else.

You can make comments on this blog or email me directly at stetterton@statelibrary.sc.gov. Thanks everyone. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Responding to this a bit late...regarding the tech. services exchange, I would like to hear how libraries are handling the lack of series authority creation/maintenance at LC. We aren't OCLC members so we're on our own with this, but I'm interested in hearing from OCLC members also.
Nanette Hamilton
Technical Services Librarian
Berkeley County Library

SC State Library CMS Department said...

Thanks Nanette! I think this is a great idea. I will certainly think about how we can discuss this topic at the exchange. Have a great day!